Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has launched a scheme for girl child- ‘Aapki Beti Humari Beti’ on March 8, 2015. It has been launched with an aim to overcome the problem of decline in child sex ratio in Haryana.
The announcement of the scheme took place at a state level function celebrating International Women’s Day at Panchkula.
Under this scheme, the first girl child born on or after January 22, 2015, in SC and BPL families will be eligible to receive Rs 21,000.
Similarly, all second girl child born on or after January 22, 2015 of all families will get Rs 21,000.
Families, where twin girls or multiple girls are born, will get Rs 21,000 per girl child, the statement said.
Khattar launched the scheme by giving away a cheque of Rs 21,000 each to mothers of six female children born on or after January 22.
Khattar also launched ‘Haryana Kanya Kosh’ for the welfare and development of girl child and women in the state.
Haryana CM who himself contributed Rs 1 lakh to the Haryana Kanya Kosh said that efforts would be made to increase the amount of this Kosh (coffer) to Rs 100 crore.
He also announced to give Rs 51 lakh to this coffer from his discretionary fund.
He said that a special budget provision would be made for this scheme which aims to generate an environment in which the girls are provided with equal opportunities.
‘Aapki Beti Humari Beti’, it should be noted that:
- The scheme would be implemented in rural areas as well as urban areas of the state- Haryana
- It will include the families having first girl child born on or after January 22, 2015 under Scheduled Caste (SC) and Below Poverty Line (BPL). They would be eligible to receive 21,000 rupees
- Likewise, all the second girl child of all families who are born on or after January 22, 2015 will get 21,000 rupees
- Families with twin girls or multiple girls, will get 21,000 rupees per girl child
- Haryana CM launched the scheme by giving away a cheque of 21,000 rupees each to the mothers of six girl children born on or after January 22, 2015
- A special budget provision would be made for this scheme in order to generate an environment which provides equal opportunities to the girls
Like our Facebook page for receive latest updates in your news feed)……