How to apply for Passport online? Simple steps & Documents required:
- 1 How to apply for Passport online? Simple steps & Documents required:
- 1.1 1]Get the Passport Application Form:
- 1.2 2. How to fill the Form:
- 1.3 3. Where to Apply :
- 1.4 How to apply for passport online?
- 1.5 Document required for Passport verification
- 1.6 Like our Facebook page for receive latest updates in your news feed)…………Candidates can drop their respective comments in the comment box. Candidates can share any query regarding this post . Our Panel will Solve your Query………………………. you click here(www.admitcardresultkey.in)@@@@@all the best guyzzzzzzzzzz!!!
As more and more Indians go online, our government services are following suit. A lot of things that used to be extremely difficult and inconvenient are now just a matter of a few clicks. To help our readers make the most of the new services that are now available, we will regularly update guides for using different government websites. The new sites make it easy for anyone to file an RTI, apply for a PAN card or download a copy of their Aadhaar card. Digital governance has made applying for things easier than ever, and nowhere is this more true than in applying for a passport.
1]Get the Passport Application Form:
One can apply for Passport through Online Registration, (after doing online registration, get print outs of the application form) click here for details for Online Registration. Apart from this applicant can submit directly in the respective passport office/ DPCs/Speed post centers, get the relevant application form from here.
2. How to fill the Form:
The Passport Application Form is Machine Readable. Please follow the instructions as follows:
- Use capital letters only. Particulars given in the form will be printed in the passport. Therefore, please be careful in filling up the form and avoid any mistakes.
- Use black/blue ball pen only
- Do not fill the form with pencils or ink-pen.
- While filling up the boxes, kindly leave one box blank after each completed word.
- Write clearly within the box without touching the boundaries.
- Adjust the information to fit within the number of given boxes.
- Do not write anything outside the box. Avoid over-writing
- Incomplete application will not be accepted.
Columnwise Guidelines for filling the application form can be had from here.
Note: All original documents are to be shown at the time of submission of the passport application form. With the Original Passport Application Form, self-attested copies of all required documents need to be attached. Illiterate applicants should put only thumb impression in the box meant for thumb impression/signature. In case an applicant has stayed at more than one address during the last one year, he/she should furnish two additional photocopies of the PP form for each additional place of stay.
3. Where to Apply :
For Online Registration, the applicant has to submit the print outs of the application form along with required documents to the respective passport office in the appointment date and time printed. Apart from this Passport Applications can be submitted at
- The counter of the Passport office
- The Speed Post centers
- District Passport Cells
- Passport Collection Centers
How to apply for passport online?
There are two procedures by which you can apply online. The first one is online submission and the other one is e-form submission. In online submission the user should login and give the required details and has to pay the required amount to get the appointment for certificate verification. In e form submission, the form has to be downloaded offline and after filling the details it will be uploaded in xml format, for payment through online.
Document required for Passport verification
After scheduling appointment, carry all the original documents required for verification. Here we provide the list of original documents required verification.
- PROOF OF ADDRESS example: Applicant’s ration card, certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head, water /telephone /electricity bill/ statement of running bank account/Income Tax Assessment Order /Election Commission ID card, Gas connection Bill
- PROOF OF DATE OF BIRTH (attach one of the following): Birth certificate issued by a Municipal Authority or district office of the Registrar of Births & Deaths; Date of birth certificate from the school last attended by the applicant or any other recognized educational institution; Citizenship Document if applicant is a citizen of India by Registration or Naturalization.
- Government/Public Sector/Statutory body employees should submit “Identity Certificate” in original along with Standard.
For students who want to study abroad for UG PG or PhD courses must apply for passport 6 months before their travel. Follow the steps given above to apply passport online. If you have trouble in the process, you can call the help line numbers or visit the nearest passport offices. The modifications in the passport must be made before you submit the application. No changes can be made after submission. In case the mistakes still persist, you can let the passport authorities know during the appointment.