UP ELECTION DATE 2017
UP was crucial for BJP’s 2014 election sweep. Of the 80 Lok Sabha seats – the highest for any state – the BJP won 71. So a win in the state is extremely high on their agenda, however a defeat would definitely worry the BJP leadership.
The Election Commission is likely to hold a seven-phase poll in Uttar Pradesh and single-phased polling in the four other states. Deputy Election Commissioner Vijay Kumar Dev has directed the authorities in the western Uttar Pradesh districts to keep strict vigil and surveillance in order to thwart any untoward incident in the upcoming state Assembly polls.
While addressing a meeting of senior police and administration officials of the region in Meerut on Monday, Dev asked the authorities in Muzaffarnagar, Shamli, Meerut, Ghaziabad, Saharanpur, Baghpat, Bulandshahr, Noida and Hapur to share the list with the Election Commission of proclaimed offenders and history-sheeters.
The directions were given keeping in view the security and to prevent criminals indulge in any malpractices during the polls. Special barriers would be put up at the state borders to check vehicles entering from neighbouring Delhi, Haryana and Uttarakhand. This will include barricading on the Delhi-Dehradun and the Panipat-Khatima highways.
UP Assembly Elections 2017 Dates
|Poll Event||Phase-1 (73 Acs)||Phase-2 (67 ACs)||Phase-3 (69 Acs)||Phase-4 (53 Acs)||Phase-5 (52 ACs)||Phase-6 (49 Acs)||Phase-7 (40 ACs)|
|Date of Notification||17.01.2017 (TUE)||20.01.2017 (FRI)||24.01.2017 (TUE)||30.01.2017 (MON)||02.02.2017 (THU)||08.02.2017 (WED)||11.02.2017 (SAT)|
|Date of Making Nomination||24.01.2017 (TUE)||27.01.2017 (FRI)||31.01.2017 (TUE)||06.02.2017 (MON)||09.02.2017 (THU)||15.02.2017 (WED)||18.02.2017 (SAT)|
|Scrutiny of Nominations||25.01.2017 (WED)||28.01.2017 (SAT)||02.02.2017 (THU)||07.02.2017 (TUE)||11.02.2017 (SAT)||16.02.2017 (THU)||20.02.2017 (MON)|
|Withdrawal of Candidature||27.01.2017 (FRI)||30.01.2017 (MON)||04.02.2017 (SAT)||09.02.2017 (THU)||13.02.2017 (MON)||18.02.2017 (SAT)||22.02.2017 (WED)|
|Date of Poll||11.02.2017 (SAT)||15.02.2017 (WED)||19.02.2017 (SUN)||23.02.2017 (THU)||27.02.2017 (MON)||04.03.2017 (SAT)||08.03.2017 (WED)|
|Date of Counting||11.03.2017 (SAT)|
|Date of Completion||15.03.2017 (WED)|
up Election dates:
- Uttar Pradesh elections to take place in 7 phases
- Phase 1 has 73 constituencies, and the date of poll for phase 1 will be February 11
- Phase 2 has 67 constituencies and the date of poll in the same is February 15
- Phase 3 has 29 constituencies and the polling would take place on February 19
- In phase 4, there will be 63 constituencies and the date of polls will be Feb 23
- In phase 5, the date of notification would be February 2, 2017 and the election would take place on February 27
- In Phase 6, the date of notification would be Feb 5 and the date of polls will be March 4
- In Phase 7, which has 40 constituencies; the date of polls will be March 8
Like our Facebook page for receive latest updates in your news feed)……